analyses current Vitamin B12 levels and identifies deficiency as well as risk of deficiency
Vitamin B12 Test
Vitamin B12 Test
Vitamin B12 Tracking
The Vitamin B12 test is a medical test specifically designed for home use and your sample will be evaluated by a Swiss lab.
With the Vitamin B12 test, we assess the levels of Vitamin B12 in your blood. Your test is analysed by a leading Swiss lab, Synlab. Learn more about the test>.
Vitamin B12 is important for a wide range of bodily functions such as DNA synthesis and brain health. Learn more about Vitamin B12 >
Who should get tested
Vegans & vegetarians are at a high risk of Vitamin B12 deficiency because a plant-based diet does not contain any Vitamin B12. Testing once a year is strongly recommended.
During pregnancy, the body requires more Vitamin B12 than normal. Get tested to make sure that you have not developed a deficiency, especially if you follow a plant-based diet.
People taking one these medications
Medications such as PPI and H2 blockers (for heartburn and other acid-related disorders) as well as Metformin (for diabetes) can lead to Vitamin B12 deficiency.
People with one of these conditions
You have a high risk of vitamin B12 deficiency if you have Morbus Crohn or had a gastric bypass surgery, because your body cannot absorb Vitamin B12 well.
How it works
Order your Vitamin B12 test online
- if you order before 5:30pm, your test will arrive the next working day
- if you order after 5:30pm it arrives on the 2nd working day
- all tests arrive with Swiss Post
Activate test and take your sample
- activate your test online using the code in your test box and then take your sample
- put the sample into the Retourbox and return it to our Swiss lab by dropping the box into any mailbox
Get your test results online
- log in to view your results online within 1-3 days
- results tell you if you have a Vitamin B12 deficiency or if your are at risk of developing one and tell you what to do if that is the case
Treat deficiency if necessary
- get treatment if it turns out you have a Vitamin B12 deficiency
- get re-tested after 2-3 months to monitor treatment results
- routinely test once a year to avoid a recurring deficiency
Why our CEO takes a Vitamin B12 test once a year
My diet is largely plant-based, so I used to have Vitamin B12 deficiency pretty often. So far, I always found out because I started to have symptoms. Now I just take a test once a year and take supplements if my Vitamin B12 levels are getting low again. That way I´ve been managing to avoid a deficiency super effectively.
Added bonus: now I can take the test from home without the hastle of organizing a doctor´s appointment and paying for a consultation I don´t need.
Anna Rosenkranz, CEO @ Health Yourself
What test results tell you
Treatment options for Vitamin B12 deficiency